Thursday, February 11, 2010

My week

I'm going to keep this blog post fairly straight-forward, because I'm friggin' tired and I have a headache and I keep having to correct my words several times by backspacing.

Year 13 is lovely because you don't have to wear uniform and you're allowed to leave school at lunchtime and study periods and the juniors won't touch you.

In Classics, our teacher has been telling us some wacky stories that either we haven't heard before or we did last year but we just forgot them. Greek mythology is so dirty, gotta love it. And we get to do myth posters again, sweet.

Photography's OK. Our teacher is getting married next week. <3 And the other day, I had a quite deep discussion about money with a couple of my mates. Nice to know I'm not the only teenager who thinks about things to such a mature level of depth.

Music is fun because we're learning how to conduct and it gives you a good excuse to wave your arms about like a... like something that waves its arms around a lot.

Art is boring this year. Bleh.

In English we have just begun to study the film Donnie Darko. I like it and I think it's a very good film. However, it scared me a bit and the overall theme of time is quite daunting. I nearly bawled in class at the end.



And I dunno about you, but that rabbit creeps me out no end.

My car got fixed the other day. She had a dodgy battery and her thermostat was broken. So now she starts up nicely and she just feels easier to drive now.
...
THAT'S WHAT S/HE SAID *budum-tish*

And now for the best news of all: I might get into a junior orchestra! It's called the Schola Sinfonica. It's associated with the Wellington Youth Orchestra and it's made up of kids from primary to secondary schools. Since last year I have attended the training orchestra Golden Strings - I like it and it's fun and relaxing, but most of the kids are much younger than me and now that the two other teen kids have disappeared, I'm a bit out of place. Besides, I like being in a controlled, structured environment at heart, and I actually want to be somewhere where I know exactly what I'm doing and it's a bit more "professional". Yep. :D

Soooo, I am scheduled for an AUDITION on Saturday afternoon. OH BOY. I've been excited all week. I sure hope I get in.

If you read all of this, then you get a reward... of drawings I did at school! (Oh my, is she still drawing cartoons?!)





Oh yeah, and our Xbox got fixed too, which means I can finally play Guitar Hero again. AWESOMESAUCE.

No comments:

Post a Comment